Answers to your common questions.
Do we charge "Extra Fee's"?
We don’t charge extra fees like other property management companies. Such as lease renewal fees and lease prep fees.
Can you hold a place before I apply?
We can hold a unit for up to 10 days after its availability date with an approved application, signed lease, and paid security deposit.
Online Portal Overview
The Online Portal is an easy, fast, and secure way to pay rent and other charges online, view your payment history, and submit maintenance requests. Access your Online Portal from any mobile device.
Already have an account? Login Here
This video demonstrates how to navigate the Online Portal and how to use all of the features included.
I made a payment online by mistake. How do I stop the payment?
You must call your bank and issue a stop payment. Neither AppFolio or your property manager has authority to gain access to your Online Portal or bank account to stop the payment on your behalf. The same is true for an auto payment that has processed for the month.
Can I edit or delete my scheduled auto payment?
Auto payment details are displayed on the Home or Payments tabs in the Scheduled Payments section. Click Edit in this section to change the payment name, amount or account information. To change the date the payment is processed each month, click Delete, then return to the Home or Payments tabs to create a new auto payment. Click Delete to remove the auto payment completely.
Can I delete my saved bank account or credit card?
Yes. Click the Account Profile tab, then in the Saved Payment Methods section click the Delete button. If the Delete button is grey (not red), this payment method is currently used for an auto payment and you must first delete the auto payment.
Is there a fee to make payments online?
eCheck payments are free to you, but there is a non-refundable online portal convenience fee for a Credit or Debit card payment. This is in place to comply with current card network regulations. You are notified of the fee amount when you select the Credit or Debit card payment option and are given the option to switch to eCheck.
The online portal convenience fee is a fixed, flat amount based approximately on your monthly rent amount. See Get Started With Online Payments section of the FAQ for details.
How is my payment information protected?
We take privacy and security seriously and invest in state of the art systems to protect payment information.
- A dedicated team monitors the security of our platform and infrastructure 24/7/365.
- All sensitive data is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- Bank-grade security.
- Our security is regularly audited by third-party reviews.
- Security is baked into our software development lifecycle.
Get Started With Online Payments
2. We will send you an email that will contain a link that you’ll need to click on so you can set up your password. Make sure to check your spam folder and/or junk mail filters to ensure you don’t accidentally miss it.
3. Log into your Tenant Portal and click the button to ‘Make a Payment’.
4. When you see the pop-up dialog box asking you to select your preferred payment method, select either:
- Pulls funds from your checking account.
- You will need your bank routing and account number.
- Online payment fee is instantly rebated – There is no cost to you!
- Charges your credit or debit card as a credit card charge
- You will need your credit card information
- Online payment fee will be assessed based on the amount of the payment:
$0.01 – $900 $17 Charge
$900.01 – $1,250 $27 Charge
$1,250.01 – $3,000 $37 Charge
5. You will be prompted to enter the appropriate card or bank information as well as the amount you want to pay.
6. Once you click ‘Make This Payment Now’ your payment is immediately processed and you will receive an online confirmation as well as an email confirmation.
How do I pay rent?
Pay Your Rent Online
A variety of convenient and secure online payment options are now available.
Online Rent Payment Options For Tenants
RentInBrevard’s complete Payment Platform enables you to streamline rent week, save time, and reduce costs. With a variety of payment options for residents to choose from, accepting rent is fast, convenient and doesn’t require in-office visits.
- Payment information is automatically updated in APM
- Reduce time spent during rent week by 50%
- Simplify reconciliation and reporting
- Accept Secure Payments 24/7
Residents Can Pay Rent Online 3 Different Ways:
- Electronic funds transfer from resident’s checking or savings account
- Setup secure automatic re-occurring monthly rent payments
- No more paper checks
- Amazing adoption rates
- Free for you and your residents
- Additional payment option to offer variety to your tenants and to help you streamline your rent collection
- Rent is charged to the tenant’s credit or debit card as a credit card transaction
- Easy, seamless and secure
- No NSFs; transactions are approved at the time of payment
- cost to you, online payment fee to resident
Electronic Cash Payments
- Resident pays rent at local 7/11, CVS Pharmacy or Ace Cash Express
- Rent payment automatically transferred to AppFolio
- No more handling cash or money orders
- No in-office visit required
- Small fee to residents
Get Started With Online Rent Payment!
We are pleased to offer you the ability to pay your rent online! You can use your credit card or E-Check to make a payment anytime and from anywhere. You can also make a cash payment more securely and efficiently with our Electronic Cash Payments option.
Why Pay Online?
It’s Secure — Online payments are more secure than mailing a check!
It’s Fast — Online payments post to your rent account immediately!
It’s Convenient — View your charges and make payments online anytime and from anywhere!
It’s Flexible — You can pay with whatever method best fits your needs!
The Payment Options:
E-Check — Enter your routing and account number to pull your rent directly from your checking or savings account.
Credit Card — Charge your rent to your credit or debit card; earn points or pay over time. There is an online payment fee affiliated with any credit card payment:
- $17 for rent up to $900
- $27 for rent between $900.01 and $1,250
- $37 for rent between $1,250 and $3,000
Electronic Cash Payments — Take your cash and personalized PaySlip into 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy or ACE Cash Express to pay your rent.
- Your rent payment will post to your account in minutes and you will receive a receipt for your records.
- There is a transaction fee of $3.99 for transactions up to $1,500.
Activate Your Tenant Portal to Get Started:
- You’ll be receiving an activation email from us shortly. If you didn’t see an activation email please contact us.
- Click on the link in that email so you can set up your password.
- Once you have set up your password, you can log in to your personal tenant portal and follow the simple steps to make a payment.
To Get Started with Electronic Cash Payments, contact us for your personalized PaySlip and to find the most convenient payment locations.
Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being a valued tenant!
Safely Pay Your Rent With CASH
Get Started With Electronic Cash Payments
1. Contact us to receive your unique PaySlip. We can print it or email it to you.
2. Locate the most convenient 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy or ACE Cash Express location near you: http://
3. Take your PaySlip and your cash to 7-Eleven or ACE Cash Express and present them
to the clerk.
4. There is a $3.99 processing fee for each transaction up to $1500. You can make
multiple payments if needed. The $3.99 processing fee applies to each transaction
5. The same PaySlip can be used every month to pay rent.
6. You will receive a receipt, with a date and time stamp, from the cashier as proof of your
payment. The receipt will also include your name, property address, your comp
Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?
We require the first month’s rent, security deposit, and any other additional fees (pet, etc.)
How old do you have to be to apply?
Every person that will be living in the home over the age of 18 must apply and pass all qualifications in order to be considered.
I want to get a pet. What do I do?
You must contact your property manager to see if they owner will approve it or not.
I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?
We have specific forms in our office that we will need you to come in and fill out.
Is the deposit refundable?
The security deposit is 100% refundable as long as there is not past due amounts owed and the final inspection sheet is satisfied per instructions.
My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?
You are required per the lease to give a 30 day written notice. This form is available on our website and in our office.
Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?
The owner will be responsible for normal wear and tear items. The tenant will be responsible for any excessive wear and tear, negligence, and damage caused by tenant/guest. The tenant will also be responsible for all minor items such as but not limited to changing of the air filter monthly, changing light bulbs, keeping HVAC condensation drain line clear, draining and priming of lawn pump, resetting tripped breakers/GFI outlets, etc.
Who needs a cosigner?
We do not accept any cosigners.
You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?
You can download the application from our website or you can get the application from our office.
Have a Question or Need More Information?